On September 18th Episode 3 of Night City Wire revealed the official PC system requirements for Cyberpunk 2077
Minimum system requirements :
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 10 (64-bit version only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.3GHz / AMD FX-8310
- RAM (GB): 8 GB
- Video card: MD Radeon RX 470 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
- Disk space (GB): 70 on HDD (SSD recommended)
- DirectX 12
Recommended system requirements :
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit version only)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Intel Core i7-4790
- RAM (GB): 12 GB
- Video card: AMD Radeon R9 Fury or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (with 6 GB VRAM)
- Disk space (GB): 70 SSD
- DirectX 12
In 2018, at E3, the test bench for launching Cyberpunk 2077 was with the following PC characteristics (maximum speed):
- Processor: Intel i7-8700K 3.70 GHz
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 2X16 GB, 3000 MHz, CL15
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080Ti
- SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe
- PSU: Corsair SF600 600W
At E3 in 2019, the GTX1080Ti was replaced by the Titan RTX, everything else remained unchanged.
Will Cyberpunk 2077 run on a weak pc?
Most of the users who watched the demonstration of gameplay at the last presentation paid attention not only to the features of the storyline, graphics, special effects, but also to the equipment on which the game was launched. As a result, people began to fear that Cyberpunk 2077 would perform very poorly on budget desktops and low-cost consoles. There were opinions that the developers have a number of problems with optimizing the project for weak hardware.
Alvin Liu dispelled the doubts of the players, saying that the RED Engine is particularly flexible and can work equally well on both expensive computers and weaker PC consoles. Indeed, the demo version of the new project was shown to viewers on a fairly powerful configuration.
It is assumed that the game will support ray tracing, as well as other Nvidia technologies that are responsible for the quality of the picture displayed on the screen. But, despite these options, it should perform well on less powerful configurations. Although, if your stationary computer or laptop will cost more than several thousand dollars, then the graphic component will really impress you with its quality and special effects.